September 7-9th, 2018
Sweet Home, Oregon
Saddle up and let’s race!
Course videos and more, check out our video page.
Best in the West Triathlon Festival
Designed by athletes, for athletes!
Nestled in the foothills of the Cascades and fed by the Santiam River, Foster Reservoir offers premier recreation facilities to the outdoor enthusiast and an excellent location for a triathlon festival.
Swimmers are welcomed by end-of-summer water temperatures of a comfortable 70-73F. Miles of low use roads wind through the hills and along the river, providing an exhilarating ride for the cyclist. Following the wooded shoreline, the run course offers relief from the summer sun.
To top off your race experience, we put on an awesome post race party! You won’t find cheap, minimal food at the finish line of our race. We put together a huge BBQ with local produce just for you! After you fill up on delicious food, top it off with an ice cold beer or beverage on us, and enjoy the live music and awards ceremony.
With a family friendly atmosphere and races for all ages and abilities, you’ll find yourself hanging around for the whole weekend. A large, well kept campground is the final component of the equation for the ultimate triathlon festival. We hope you will join us!
The Best of the West Triathlon Festival aims to promote health and fitness through a weekend of competitive and fun racing while also providing a healthy living expo where participants, volunteers and spectators will learn how to live healthier happier lives. Our goal is to help bring out the best in you!
Like us on Facebook for announcements and up-to-date race information.
Some race highlights:
- We start the day off right with a real shotgun start, mounted posse and all!
- The water on Foster is flat and calm for a fast swim. Wave starts in each race keep your swim from getting too crowded.
- Fun, fast, winding, country roads await you on the bike course.
- Aid stations every mile on the run.
- It’s a family affair! Mom, Dad, and siblings all race together, and we have a race for everyone, even beginners!
- We have some of the cutest kids and most enthusiastic volunteers in the west!
- Our post-race party includes a full on BBQ with local produce, free beer, live music and more!
- Keep the party going through Saturday evening at our annual athlete social and beer mile relay by the lake.
- Aqua bike and duathlon options!