September 5-7th, 2014 Sweet Home, Oregon
Best in the West Triathlon Festival
If you had to pick one race this year…
This. Is. It!
Nestled in the foothills of the Cascades, Foster Reservoir offers premier recreation facilities to the outdoor enthusiast. Crystal clear snow-fed waters warmed to ~72 F invite swimmers. Miles of low-use roads wind throughthe hills and along the river, providing an exhilarating ride for the cyclist. Following the wooded shoreline, the run course offers runners relief from summer sun. A large campground that is off the beaten path, but easy to access, is the final component of the equation for the ultimate triathlon festival.
To top off your race experience, we put on an awesome post-race party! You won’t find cheap, minimal food at the finish line of our race. We put together a huge BBQ just for you! With burgers, chicken, dogs, veggie burgers and tons of fresh, local produce grown just for our race, you’ll love filling up after your race! Top it off with ice cold Oakshire Beer or Rootbeer, live music and the awards ceremony and you find yourself hanging around for most of the afternoon for a great party at the lake.
The Best of the West Triathlon Festival aims to promote health and fitness through a weekend of competitive and fun racing while also providing a healthy living expo where participants, volunteers and spectators will learn how to live healthier happier lives. Our goal is to help bring out the best in you!
Some race highlights:
- We start the day off right with a real shotgun start, mounted posse and all!
- The water on Foster is flat and calm for a fast swim. Wave starts in each race keep your swim from getting too crowded.
- Fun, fast, winding, country roads await you on the bike course.
- Aid stations every mile on the run.
- It’s a family affair! Mom, Dad, and siblings all race together, and we have a race for everyone, even beginners!
- We have some of the cutest kids and most enthusiastic volunteers in the west!
- Our post-race party includes a full on BBQ with local produce, free beer, live music and more!
- Keep the party going through Saturday evening at our annual bonfire by the lake.